A huge thank you to PSF for our Husky tickets last weekend...we took Jason and Mindy. John and Jason had all-access passes to the building. And Mindy actually asked how the heat was in the press area...LoL
As the boys were "exploring" the stadium, Mindy and I got a beverage and were sitting in the inside area when 2 older ladies sat across from us. (Picture 4 cozy chairs with a coffee table between) Instantly they were adorable. I immediately think "oh my goodness it's us in 30 years" One lady hands another a card and she reads it....they both laugh hysterically. They turn to me (Mindy is gone for this moment) and say they have been friends for 30 years and hand me the card...it is adorable. (It was apparently Sophie's birthday)
They ask us to watch their stuff as they go get some food...picture, one of them is drinking a vodka and cran and one is drinking a beer. They come back and put a plate of fries on the table "Have some French fries girls" Mindy and future Mindy both eat one...and wrinkle their faces. The lady picks them up and takes them back for hot ones...I am laughing because that is soooo something Mimi would do, but I would eat them. LoL But she wouldn't let a friend eat cold fries.
The one I pictured as my future self had a huge rock on her finger, okay that's fine. But then she pulls out bright red lipstick - I turn to Mindy...that's so you! LoL
Anyway, it was a moment that I will remember. It made me appreciate Mindy and all my girlfriends for that matter. I appreciate her courage to try new things and her ability to keep me comfortable in times when my comfort zone is challenged.
For example - We are taking a sea plane next Fall to Dry Tortuga Island (off Key West) Jason and I have dreamed of snorkeling there. I was willing to waste 6 hours on a ferry for the day...they will not hear of it. I have to take the plane. Scared to death and beyond my comfort... Tune in next Nov for that adventure! LoL
No comments:
Post a Comment