Friday, October 4, 2013

~ Fresh Start ~

Today was my first Friday off! I am exhausted, I need to pace myself. LoL
Up at 6:30 - took Hailey to school ~ Cleaned the whole house, washed every tv blanket (2 loads) and towels/rugs ~ Off to the gym for an hour ~ Took Autumn and Lindsey Starbucks ~ Costco (spent WAY too much $$)~ Fred Meyer ~ Mowed all the lawns ~ Put away produce delivery ~ Showered.
And here I sit. Exhausted and my legs are killing me from running sprints at the gym...which is GOOD! :)
So on the way down to Disneyland as John watched movies and Hailey did homework I had a life changing moment.
I am on a "Life Cleanse" - Mentally, spiritually, emotionally and physically. It's all for me...and it is helping not only benefit myself but those in my life.
It probably sounds silly to others, but it's working for me. I'm extremely happy and am making more time for spiritual things and taking time for myself. And as Johnny always says "Happy Wife, Happy Life" LoL
I have had no gluten or processed foods in a week and a half and I can't go back. Disneyland I did pretty good but chicken strips sent me over the edge.  Ever since then, I have decided there are just some things I can't have. Not even a little. One day on vacation  I said "I don't think I can eat just anything anymore" and John said "So you don't" - Easy pleasy, until the cupcakes call your name in the middle of the night. But in reality, if I had a peanut allergy, would I have "just a bit" of a peanut butter cookie? No, so it's no different. It just takes planning and thought.
And thank goodness Betty Crocker has a gluten free line!
Anyway, here we go...Another year older in September and mentally clear in October.
Here's to a better today, greater tomorrow and solid hope for the future.
If we clinked, this is where we would clink, but we don't so we won't. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment