This year at Disneyland I couldn't find a souvenir I wanted. Usually I get a new coffee cup or a hoodie...nothing I was seeing was talking to me. I did find a mug that said Pirate Princess that was cute...that was an "option" if needed.
The only thing I did buy was flip flops from the Roxy store in Downtown Disney since Gemma had eaten all my other ones. They are PUT UP for Hawaii. Hidden in the deep dark corners of my closet so she can't destroy them...now I will probably forget where they are or that I even bought them come April. LoL
Anyway, then I saw it....the perfect mug.
It has Mickey and Minnie and says "Once Upon a Time" but what made me pick it up was the color....now granted some may say - okay, it's pink? But this pink is the same shade of pink as the tiles in my Grampa and Gramma's bathroom when I was little. They managed a motel in Portland and had an apartment in it. I used to sit on the counter and do toiletry commercials in the mirror for hours. LoL
And it was completely done in this 50's shade of pink tiles.
I hadn't thought of that apartment in years...it's funny what will make you remember. Now, I think of them every time I use it. And isn't that what souvenirs should do? They should take you to a place or a moment in time and make you smile.
I had to share. I love this mug. It's really the little things.
Now, hopefully my mom won't call me and say "honey they didn't have a pink bathroom" and I dreamed it all....LoL Don't pop my bubble Mom! Let me live in my happy pink dream world. LoL
But then I would laugh every time I used my cup, so it would still be a great moment.

No comments:
Post a Comment